Technical Marketing Manager
Designers of today’s electronics can’t afford to overlook the integrity of their design in any or all aspects including correctness, safety, trust, and security. Companies have an obligation to meet functionality, safety, and security requirements or they are met with swift ramifications. We’ve all seen the headlines when something catastrophic happens, whether it be a plane crash, car crash, or a malicious hacker attack. Once that occurs, consumer trust is eroded and difficult to get back. Issues don’t have to be headline making to be devastating to a company’s bottom line. Turning out a product that has unknown performance or power issues, for example, can spell doom when detected in the field.
OneSpin is the only company focusing on a holistic approach that addresses each of these areas to achieve the highest possible verification quality. The unique exhaustive technology and expertise provided by OneSpin reduces time-to-market while providing 100% confidence that the design has been fully verified.
ABOUT THE JOB:
Work closely with Product Management and Engineering to lead the technical marketing of OneSpin’s IC integrity solutions. The technical marketing manager will evangelize the technology and benefits of OneSpin to drive customer awareness and adoption and will provide world-class technical marketing support to internal cross-functional teams.
OneSpin is looking for a technical marketing manager to help tell the OneSpin story to our core audience of design and verification engineers. As a spokesperson, you will deliver highly visible content, both internally and externally, to be consumed by both current and potential users. As a member of the marketing team, you’ll play a central role in translating technical product capabilities into business benefits. You’ll be integral in defining product value messaging and positioning. In this role you'll have a career defining opportunity to directly impact the growth of OneSpin’s core and established products related to functional correctness as well as emerging technology related to safety, trust and security.
- Content Creation: Develop technical content (white papers, presentations, blog posts, etc.) to educate customers about our solutions, as well as excite, motivate, and inspire them to adopt OneSpin’s formal-based solutions. Doing this well will require an ongoing effort to build and maintain a deep understanding of the product and product competition.
- Team Education: Train the sales and application engineering teams regarding the key product messages as well as gather feedback about how the value statements and messages are received by customers.
- Be a Trusted Advisor: Help build a reputation both within the company and among OneSpin customers as a recognized authority on best-practices for verification.
- Online Channels: Monitor & respond to OneSpin forums and other online channels to answer questions and collect customer usability feedback.
- Roadmap Alignment: Assist the PM team in conducting roadmap discussions with customers to ensure alignment between their evolving needs and OneSpin’s development priorities. Help shape next-generation product requirements based on customer inputs, competitive analysis, and market research.
- Messaging: Work cross functionally with product managers, development, and other marketing team members to distill key functionality and benefits into core product marketing messages and create technical narratives that differentiate OneSpin in the eyes of deeply technical users.
- Market Analysis: Keep a vigilant eye on the EDA and semiconductor market for problems, trends, and opportunities.
- Competitive Analysis: Build and maintain an in-depth analysis of competitive products and technologies and understand whether and how they align with our and competitors’ respective market foci.
Communications: This job is about communicating sophisticated technical concepts to audiences with a wide range of backgrounds, using a variety of media. Success isn’t so much about spelling and grammar as it is about technical empathy; the knack for providing information at just the “data rate” and level of detail your audience wants.
Design and Verification Engineering: To explain a complex software product, you must first understand it. This job doesn’t require writing code, but it does require communicating efficiently with those who do. We think that’s best accomplished if you have at least some prior experience or training designing and verifying integrated circuits.
The ideal candidate should have:
- 8+ years of experience in Product Marketing and/or Technical Marketing
- Deep technical background in verification
- Solid writing skills that translate to a technical audience as well as managers and decision makers
- Knowledge about the formal verification market and industry trends such as the use of open-source hardware (e.g. RISC-V)
- Understanding of how verification can impact safety, trust and security of ICs
- Ability to work with a wide range of people/teams in a remote setting
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a closely related field.
Get in Touch!
Rob van Blommestein
Head of Marketing